How Creating Links are keeping our staff, clients and carers safe
Date: 14 July 2021
To: All Clients, Carers and Stakeholders
Subject: Keeping Creating Links Clients and Carers Safe
Dear Clients and Carers,
Our main aim is the safety, well-being and care or our clients and carers. We have an absolute obligation to do everything we can to protect Creating Links and all our stakeholders. But we also need to remain calm, act with common sense and adopt a careful well thought out approach that protects us all. We require your assistance in helping us achieve that.
The current situation surrounding Covid-19 in Sydney is changing rapidly on a day-to-day basis. We are regularly monitoring the situation and taking advice from the Government to slow and reduce the spread of the virus as an organisation.
As an organisation, we have in place the following measures in place to ensure the safety of our staff, clients and carers:
- All staff providing 1:1 service (in-home) and contact visits must wear the appropriate PPE gear supplied; masks, gloves, face shields and hand sanitiser.
- All clients receiving in-home support, contact visits and carers are urged to wear masks when interacting with Creating Links Staff.
- Where possible, group activities will be moved online via zoom and your Coordinator, Case Manager and or Client Service Officer will be in contact with you to provide you with additional information.
- All clients and carers must contact their Case Manager and or Client Service Officer if they are feeling unwell and experiencing flu like symptoms. If you are experiencing flu like symptoms, we encourage you to receive a covid test and supply a negative result before services can recommence.
- We will do everything in our ability to ensure services are not cancelled however, in the likely event we need to cancel and/or postpone services, our staff are fully equipped to conduct services via zoom and complete welfare checks on a daily basis.
- All staff, carers and clients must scan the QR Code at both Kitchener Parade and Civic Tower office receptions.
- Staff will be contacting carers and clients prior to the arranged service to complete a pre-safety check to ensure no one has flu like symptoms or is a close/casual contact of a positive Covid case.
- All contact rooms and group rooms are wiped down and sanitised after every use and regularly wiped down and sanitised
If any clients and carers require additional PPE gear, please contact your Creating Links representative and we are more than happy to provide you with masks, gloves and hand sanitiser to ensure your safety.
Additionally, we are pleased to announce that we are extending our ‘Employee Assistance Program’ (EAP) to all our clients and carers during this difficult period.
We understand the recent impact the Covid-19 outbreak and lockdown can cause stress, anxiety, loneliness and a dull feeling for our clients and carers, and we want to do everything possible to continue supporting you during this challenging period.
EAP provides you with a confidential over the phone counselling service FREE of charge to help you cope with stress, anxiety and loneliness.
To access this service, please contact our reception on 1300 254 657, state your name, what service you receive support from and request the EAP Hotline number.
Naturally, while we can provide guidelines for a very vast majority of situations, there are always unique situations that we need to manage on a case by case basis. Where in doubt, please contact the office on 1300 254 657.
We thank you for your cooperation during this period of uncertainty, together we will beat this and unite as one.
Chief Executive Officer