Financial Counsellor - Problem Gambling
Financial Counselling is assistance we provide people currently experiencing, or at risk of experiencing financial problems caused by problem gambling.
Our Financial Counsellor will analyse and assess your financial situation and provide you with information about credit and debt issues.
We will work with you to develop a plan to improve your financial situation through the following:
- Ways to improve your financial situation
- Debts you are struggling to pay
- House eviction, disconnection of gas, electricity, phone etc
- Threatening letters or harassment by debt collectors
- Negotiating repayment arrangements with your creditors
- Explain your options and the consequences of each, including debt recovery procedures, bankruptcy and other alternatives
Please note that some misconceptions do exist as to what a financial counsellor can do.
A few things that our FinancialCounsellor is not or can’t do include:
- Complete tax returns
- Provide investment advice
- Not an accountant
- Lend money
To book a spot with our Financial Counsellor, please contact head office on 1300 254 657.
**This service is FREE of charge**