31 Jul 2018
A two-hour travel-training workshop for parents that includes theory (e.g. safe training techniques, training approaches, and safety tips), as well as an outdoor practical component.
One-to-one instruction designed to teach sighted people who have a disability the way to travel safely and confidently!
The major learning outcomes include:
• Knowledge of safe travel-training techniques for people with autism & intellectual disabilities
• Awareness of a range of stranger-danger strategies
• Awareness of safe road crossing practices
• Basic tips for bus and train travel
• Tailored to the workshop participants needs.